President – VACANT
- Presides as chairperson at all meetings of the executive and community association;
- Is responsible for preparation of the agenda for meetings;
- Has signing authority for documents and cheques drawn on community association funds;
- Represents the association to the various levels of government and other agencies;
- Ensures that all executive members are adequately trained in their duties and functions;
- Is ex-officio member of all executive committees and designates jobs to committees.
Vice President – VACANT
- In the absence of the President, assumes all authority and responsibility generally designated to the President;
- Assists the President with the leadership and direction of the association;
- Is responsible for coordinating all standing committees.
- Is a member of the executive for a minimum of one year following the expiration of his/her President’s term;
- Provides guidance and support for the President Elect and the Board of Directors;
- May assume responsibilities as determined and designated by the executive;
- Chairs meetings in the absence of both the President and President Elect.
- Records, preserves, distributes and reads the minutes of all executive, general and special meetings of the association;
- Keeps a record of all committees and committee members and maintains attendance records of the executive;
- Is responsible for notification of all executive members of next meetings;
- Handles all correspondence as directed by the executive.
Treasurer – VACANT
- Keeps regular books and records of the association’s finances;
- Has signing authority on documents and cheques drawn on association funds;
- Prepares and presents financial statements for regular association meetings;
- Presents the annual financial statement at the Annual General Meeting;
- Prepares a budget projection, in consultation with board members, for executive approval at the beginning of each fiscal year.
Indoor Program Coordinator (s)
- Is responsible for the coordination and management of all indoor recreation activities in cooperation with the Community Services Department and the School Boards;
- Is responsible for appointing indoor coordinators (as required) and assigning their various duties.
- Is responsible for the preparation of all association newsletters and other such communiqués.
- Receives advertisements, issues invoices, arranges printing.
- Arranges the delivery of association publications.
Soccer Coordinator – VACANT
- Soccer program is currently offered though the Caswell Hill Community Association, and a new Soccer Coordinator could spend a year partnering with them to learn the ropes.
- Acts as liaison with the community association and respective sport organization;
- Is responsible for recruiting and appointing coaches;
- Represents his/her respective sport at all meetings of the association.
- Approximately 15 hours per month in April and September, plus 1-3 hours per month outside of “gearing up” months.
- These documents give more information:
Rink Coordinator – VACANT
- Is a member of the Board of Directors;
- Is responsible for coordinating the operation of the community outdoor rink;
- Completes grant applications for rink improvements;
- Approximately 1 hour per week during the winter season;
- Supervises all staff that is either hired or volunteer to work at the rink.
- Is responsible for organizing and coordinating all social activities and functions for the neighbourhood served by the community association.
- Is responsible for recruiting neighbourhood residents as potential board or committee members.
School Community Council Liaison
- Is responsible for representing the School Community Council at all CA meetings;
- Is responsible for reporting to and representing the CA at all SCC meetings.
Members-at-Large NOTE: We are always happy to have new members-at-large; a great way to get to know what the community association does, and help out without taking on a more specific role.
- Are directors that are available for appointment to duties, responsibilities and committees as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors
Website Coordinator – VACANT
- Maintains the community association website including updating information, removing outdated information and managing the regular postings of the board of Directors.
- Administrator for the Facebook page, posts items of interest to the community
Click here to view the City of Saskatoon’s Community Association Volunteer Handbook.